- This event has passed.
Rode-REIM Real Estate Conference – Johannesburg
13th Sep 2018 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pmR1500 – R1800
The future of real estate is here…
A line-up of top speakers will feature at the Rode-REIM Real Estate Conference, a highlight on the calendar of the South African property industry, jointly organised by renowned property economist Erwin Rode of Rode & Associates and Neale Petersen, Founder and editor of Real Estate Investor Magazine. The central theme of these events will be the future of property and the many opportunities and uncertainties facing the local and international economy and property market.
- PLEASE NOTE: This conference is taking place at the Radisson Blu on Daisy Street, NOT the Gautrain.
- Bookings for Johannesburg will close on Tuesday, 11 September 2018.
- Halaal and Kosher meals carry a surcharge of R150 (incl. VAT)
- No refunds will be given for cancellations made after 6 August 2018. However, substitutions can be made at any time. All refunds due will only be issued after the conference.
- The organisers will supply delegate contact information to sponsors represented at the conference.
- Programme and speakers are subject to change without prior notice.
- Contact: Lynette Smit - email@example.com - 082 323 5799
- 7:30 - 8:00
- 8:00 - 8:05
- Introduction and overview
- MC: Kura Chihota, Chief Property Investment Officer, National Social Security Authority of Zimbabwe
- 8:05 - 8:15
- Address by headline sponsor
- Akbar Hassim, CEO, Futuredev Properties
- 8:15 - 8:30
- The Smile Foundation
- Hedley Lewis, CEO, The Smile Foundation
- 8:30 - 9:15
- SA and world economic scenario
- Nicky Weimar, Senior economist, Nedbank Ltd
- 9:15 - 9:45
- The future of real estate – trends
- Neale Petersen, Founder, Real Estate Investor Magazine
- 9:45 - 10:15
- Blockchain and the impact on real estate, banking and legal industries
- Werner Riekert, CEO, Traderly
- 10:15 - 10:35
- Tea & networking
- 10:35 - 11:05
- Panel discussion (including Q & A): The impact of technology on the future of real estate
- Facilitator: Neale Petersen
1. Werner Riekert, CEO, Traderly
2. Riccardo Spagni, lead developer of Monero
3. Roger Bezuidenhout, COO, Tokerty and InvestToRent
- 11:05 - 11:35
- Prospects for land expropriation without compensation
- Theo Venter, political and policy specialist, NWU Business School
- 13:35 - 12:05
- Spatial policy in the City of Johannesburg, with reference to inclusionary housing: how developers will benefit
- Dylan Weakley, Senior Specialist: City Transformation and Spatial Planning, City of Johannesburg
- 12:05 - 12:35
- Panel discussion (including Q & A): Spatial policy in the City of Johannesburg
- Facilitator: Kura Chihota
- 1. Akbar Hassim, CEO, Futuredev Properties
2. Dylan Weakley, Senior Specialist: City Transformation and Spatial Planning, City of Johannesburg
3. Rob Wesselo, MD, International Housing Solutions
4. Monté Jordaan, CEO, Multi Automation
- 12:35 - 13:15
- Property case studies you need to know about...
- Martin Welz, Editor and founder, Noseweek Magazine
- 13:15 - 14:15
- Lunch & Networking
- 14:15 - 14:45
- Safe best new opportunities in the US Real Estate market without expensive accounting issues
RJ Palano, Director, Buy Cash Flow Properties
- 14:45 - 15:15
- Panel discussion (including Q & A): International property investment: Still a good idea?
Facilitator: Kura Chihota
1. RJ Palano, Director, Buy Cash Flow Properties
2. Jenny Elinas, Founder, Cypriot Realty
3. Mario Martins, Regional Consultant, Pestana Properties
- 15:15 - 16:00
- The prognosis for property in turbulent times
- Erwin Rode, CEO, Rode & Associates
- 16:00 -
ASAQS – Quantity Surveyors: The Association of South African Quantity Surveyors has validated this programme as a Category One CPD programme and carries a CPD credit of 6 hours. (Please request registration form from firstname.lastname@example.org)
SACPVP – Professional Valuers or Professional Associated Valuers: The SACPVP will recognise your time at this conference event and carries a CET credit of 7 points. (Please request registration form from email@example.com)