Rode-REIM Real Estate Conference – Cape Town
The future of real estate is here…
A line-up of top speakers will feature at the Rode-REIM Real Estate Conference, a highlight on the calendar of the South African property industry, jointly organised by renowned property economist Erwin Rode of Rode & Associates and Neale Petersen, Founder and editor of Real Estate Investor Magazine. The central theme of these events will be the future of property and the many opportunities and uncertainties facing the local and international economy and property market.
Bookings for Cape Town will close on Friday, 8 September 2018.
Halaal and Kosher meals carry a surcharge of R150 (incl. VAT)
No refunds will be given for cancellations made after 6 August 2018. However, substitutions can be made at any time. All refunds due will only be issued after the conference.
The organisers will supply delegate contact information to sponsors represented at the conference.
Programme and speakers are subject to change without prior notice.
ASAQS – Quantity Surveyors: The Association of South African Quantity Surveyors has validated this programme as a Category One CPD programme and carries a CPD credit of 6 hours. (Please request registration form from firstname.lastname@example.org)
SACPVP – Professional Valuers or Professional Associated Valuers: The SACPVP will recognise your time at this conference event and carries a CET credit of 7 points. (Please request registration form from email@example.com)
EAAB – Estate agents: Professional Development (Elective – non-verifiable) – maximum CPD points permitted: 5 points over the three-year rolling CPD.
- 7:30 - 8:30
- 8:30 - 8:35
- Introduction and overview
- MC: Kura Chihota, Chief Property Investment Officer, National Social Security Authority of Zimbabwe
- 8:35 - 8:45
- Joint address by sponsors
- Andrew Rissik, MD: Forex and International Projects, Sable International and Warren Hewitt, CEO, Greater Tygerberg Partnership
- 8:45 - 9:30
- SA and world economic scenario
- Nicky Weimar, Senior economist, Nedbank Ltd
- 9:30 - 10:00
- The future of real estate – trends
- Neale Petersen, Founder, Real Estate Investor Magazine
- 10:00 - 10:30
- Blockchain and the impact on real estate, banking and legal industries
- Werner Riekert, CEO, Traderly
- 10:30 - 11:00
- Tea & networking
- 11:00 - 11:30
- Panel discussion (including Q & A): The impact of technology on the future of real estate
- Facilitator: Neale Petersen 1. Werner Riekert, CEO, Traderly 2. Monté Jordaan, CEO, Multi Automation 3. Roger Bezuidenhout, COO, Tokerty and InvestToRent
- 11:30 - 12:00
- The Rand and where to now?
- Andrew Rissik, MD: Forex and International Projects, Sable International
- 12:00 - 12:40
- Spatial policy in the City of Cape Town
- Peter Ahmad, Manager of Spatial Planning, City of Cape Town & Leigh Stolworthy, Innovation, Research & Development Manager, TDA - City of Cape Town
- 12:40 - 13:00
- Panel discussion (including Q & A): Spatial policy in the City of Cape Town
- 1. Peter Ahmad, Manager of Spatial Planning, City of Cape Town 2. Warren Hewitt, CEO, Greater Tygerberg Partnership 3. Deon van Zyl, Director, AL&A
- 13:00 - 13:45
- Lunch & networking
- 13:45 - 14:15
- Future of cities in SA – Urban transition, spatial development, connected communities and 24-hour economies
- Warren Hewitt, CEO, Greater Tygerberg Partnership
- 14:15 - 14:45
- Why invest in the USA and why single-family homes is a sound investment
- RJ Palano, Director, Buy Cash Flow Properties
- 14:45 - 15:15
- Panel discussion (including Q & A): International property investment: Still a good idea?
- Facilitator: Kura Chihota 1. Andrew Rissik, MD: Forex and International Projects, Sable International 2. RJ Palano, Director, Buy Cash Flow Properties 3. Jenny Elinas, Founder, Cypriot Realty
- 15:15 - 16:00
- The prognosis for property in turbulent times
- Erwin Rode, CEO, Rode & Associates
- 16:00 -